About the role
ikman.lk is currently the largest local website in the country and has already established itself as a famous brand across the island. ikman.lk consists of a team of super performers who work day and night, dedicating themselves to delivering a great service.
The Digital Content Writer of ikman holds ultimate responsibility for creating compelling content primarily for our online channels such as blog posts, social media content, and web copy for ikman.lk.
What we look for...
• Write multiple SEO-optimised blog posts each week targeting specific search queries covering various topics
• Write, edit and proofread all forms of website/social media content with a focus on engagement & conversion
• Manage marketing content assets as required, including sales letters, email marketing copy, subject lines, brochures, etc.
• Understanding of Google Analytics, Search Engine Optimization, web usability and Information management standards;
• Write, schedule, and post social media updates on all major social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
• Work with marketing team to develop a long-term strategy to increase followers and engagement
• Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network
• Excellent project management and organizational skills
Experience and Qualification
• 2+ years of experience in writing content for web pages, blog posts, online marketing creatives, and other digital requirements
• You are creative, with a passion for copywriting, creating engaging content, and mastering the written word for different audiences
• Write, schedule, and post social media updates on ikman.lk Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
• Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews, and studies)
• Excellent command of English and an eye for details
• Writing skills in Sinhala will be a great plus for this role