Click here for information on how to get support for Sinhala / Tamil
Here you can find answers to our most frequently asked questions, or learn more about how to make great deals. If you don't find what you're looking for, get in touch.
Posting an ad on ikman.lk is quick, easy and completely free! Simply click the yellow Post Ad button in the upper right-hand corner and follow the instructions.
If you are logged in to your account, your details will be filled in for you automatically.
We will send you an email confirmation once we have reviewed your ad. This usually takes about 1 hour during office hours.
To delete an ad, please go to your ad's page and click the "Delete ad" button at the bottom of the ad.
If you have an account, you can also log in and click the "Delete" button on your "My ads" page.
To edit an ad, please go to your ad's page and click the "Edit ad" button at the bottom of the ad.
If you have an account, you can also log in and click the "Edit" button on your "My ads" page.
If you would like to set a new password, go to your ad and click the "Edit/delete" link at the bottom of the ad. Click on the link that says "Lost your password?" and follow the instructions.
If you are an account owner, your ads are posted with your account password. To change the account password, go to your account's "Settings" page.
Ads appear for 90 days, unless you manually delete them.
All ads are reviewed against fraud and spam so it can take up to 1 hour before an ad is published on the site. If you still can't find your ad after 1 hour, it may have violated our posting rules. If your ad was not approved, you should have received an email explaining the reasons.
If you have been waiting longer than 24 hours for a response from us, you may have given us the wrong email address when you posted the ad. Try posting again or contact us.
If you are an account owner, your ads that are currently under review are listed on your "My ads" page, in the "My ads under review" section.
All of the ads are manually reviewed - if your ad violates our posting rules it will be rejected. You can read what changes you have to make before the ad can be approved in the rejection email.
Of course. Please contact us and we will help you right away.
It is strongly recommended that you write a good title and detailed description, and use clear original images in your ad. Take a look at our tips on how to sell fast.
Click here to get help on how to edit your ad.
The basic service of selling and buying will always be free on ikman.lk. However, we are now starting to add advertising to the site, as well as paid features.
We don't allow ads that contain:
- an item or service that is illegal in Sri Lanka
- an item or service that is not located in Sri Lanka
- an invalid phone number or email address
- an unrealistic offer
- offensive language
- offensive pictures
- text in the title or description that is not related to the advertised item or service
- pictures that do not match or clearly show the advertised item or service
- a non-specific item or service, e.g. a description of a company in general terms
- a URL link that is not relevant to the advertised item or service
- offers and requests for items or services in the same ad
- the same content as another live ad, or the same content as another ad that was posted within the last 48 hours
- multiple items in the same ad
- “work from home" jobs
Signing up for an account on ikman.lk is quick, easy and completely free! You can either go to the Sign up page and fill out your details, or you can create an account automatically by posting an ad and selecting the "Create an account" checkbox on the Preview page.
Once you have signed up, a link will be sent to your email with instructions on how to activate your account.
To log in to your account, simply go to the Log in page and enter your email and account password.
To log out of your account, simply click the "Log out" link in the green bar.
To change your name, phone number or password, or to add an address or location (optional), go to your account's "Settings" page. Please note that the email address for your account cannot be changed after your account has been activated.
If you are having trouble logging in to your account, please check that you have:
- signed up for an account
- activated the account via the link sent to your email
- entered the correct email address and password on the log in page.
If you are still having trouble accessing your account, please contact us.
To learn all about Top Ads, please visit our "Promote Your Ad" page or click "Learn more" under the Top Ad option.
If you don’t see your Top Ad right away, it means that there are more Top Ads available than there are number of Top Ad spots. In this case, each Top Ad is given an equal chance of being displayed.
To see your Top Ad in action, you can try the following:
- go to the category and location that you posted the ad in and select any relevant filters
- click through to the next few pages, or refresh your page to browse different Top Ads.
To learn all about Daily Bump Up, please visit our "Promote Your Ad" page or click "Learn more" under the Daily Bump Up option.
ikman.lk uses Unicode to display Sinhala and Tamil text. If you are using Windows XP or an earlier version, you may need to set up Unicode support in order to view our Sinhala or Tamil site.
Step 2: Add Sinhala / Tamil fonts
- Download Sinhala fonts from here, then copy the font files to your system's "Font" directory.
- Tamil font is pre-installed in Windows XP and later versions.
Step 3: Refresh ikman.lk.
There are a few methods you can use to type in Sinhala and Tamil:
- Download Google Input Tools(Windows 7/Vista/XP users only)
- Use an online keyboard, such as Google Transliteration, and then copy-paste the Sinhala or Tamil text over to ikman.lk.
- For some mobile phone users, it may be possible to obtain a Sinhala or Tamil keyboard through a smartphone app.
Three lucky winners will be selected at random every day and contacted via phone, and announced live on radio the following day.
The competition starts on 2nd September and ends on 30th September, 2014.