Posted by Bill Rob10 Oct 12:06 pmColombo 1, Colombo
# POSITION : Web Developer (Fulltime)
# JOB BRIEF :
We are looking for an outstanding full time Web Developers in Sri Lanka for an international company.
The role is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to the company’s specifications. Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
As a Web Designer or Web Developer you’ll be responsible for the overall design, layout and coding of a website. It’s a part-creative, part technical role and you’ll be heavily involved with the both the technical and graphical aspects of a website. Much of your work is linked to the marketing of the company’s products and services so you’ll be thinking about the target users for your website and identifying the type of content it will host.
You’ll often be working in a fun, fast-paced and informal environment often working to deadlines and fast turnarounds. You will be working normal hours (40 hours a week) from your home as a distance employee parallel to our working time (during office hours).
# RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
• Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
• Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
• Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
• Create and maintain software documentation.
• Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
• Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
• Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent.
• Involve with Digital Marketing activities such as launching social media campaign, and publishing blogs etc.
# REQUIREMENTS :
• Proven working experience in web programming.
• Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS.
• A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
• Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development.
• Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
• Good knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation process and basic knowledge of Digital marketing.
• Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills.
• Strong organisational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen.
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
• BS in computer science or a related field.
• Excellent communication skill in English is required.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to meet company’s goals.
# BENEFITS :
Starting from 40,000 LKR
** Salary is negotiable upon your experience in the industry.
Status of the Job: Full Time – Permanent. Work from home. 8 Hrs per day/ 40 hrs per Week
# HOW TO APPLY :
This is an exciting time to be part of our team so if you are interested in the role please apply now.
Closing date: 15th October 2016
Watch out for: