Posted by Prithipura Communities10 Oct 9:53 amWattala, Gampaha
Established for over 50 years, Prithipura Communities is a leading organisation in providing care, rehabilitation, education and work opportunities for those with disabilities without family support.
We are currently looking for a full-time Physiotherapist (5 days a week) to provide therapy to those who live at the Infants Home, based in Wattala.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Physiotherapist who can work on their own initiative to make a positive difference to those who live with us. Although the role will be working alongside dedicated care staff as well as a part-time Occupational Therapist, we are looking for someone with the experience, motivation and willingness to work independently and continuously strive to provide optimal support for those who live with us.
The key areas of responsibility are:
• Put in place and maintain therapy programmes for all those in need of therapy at the Infants home.
• Keep written records of schedules, programmes, therapy aims and developments and update them regularly sharing information with staff, volunteers and other healthcare professionals.
• Train carers to support in therapy room, advising of specific programmes for individual clients and what they can do to support.
• Train carers to support clients of the Infants home with therapeutic techniques as part of their daily work i.e. positioning, lifting and handling techniques, feeding techniques, as appropriate.
• Work alongside qualified volunteers in order to improve therapy at Prithipura
• Advise management of resources needed for therapy room or individuals.
• Support with referrals to medical services if appropriate in conjunction with management.
Person specification and qualifications required:
• Recognised qualification in Physiotherapy
• Experience of therapy with children and adults with multiple and severe disabilities.
• Be willing to work as part of a team, sharing your expertise with your colleagues as well as learning from experienced and qualified personnel including volunteers.
• Ability to think creatively and put into place therapy and programmes that are in the best interests of those that are supported.
• Able to use initiative and work independently.
Salary – Negotiable according to experience.
# HOW TO APPLY : Please send your CV, letter of motivation and expected salary via ikman.lk
Watch out for: