Posted by Private Poster VERIFIED17 Oct 5:15 pmMatara, Matara
DEVON OVERSEAS (PVT) LTD, MATARA.
Devon Overseas is a well established fast growing garment manufacturing company in Sri Lanka. Our manufacturing plants are situated at Malimbada & Pitabeddara in Matara District.
# POSITION : Accountant
# JOB ROLE :
Responsible for Financial Accounting & Management Accounting functions.
We are looking for a smart young achiever who can establish & maintain finance discipline of the company & able to work under demanding conditions.
With excellent written & oral communication skills and the ability to work well in both team oriented & self motivated environment.
# JOB ROLE :
• Preparation Monthly Financial Accounts & Management Accounts Reports within the time lines.
• Responsible for reviewing, updating and implementing existing internal accounting systems and introducing new systems and controls where appropriate.
• Responsible for maintaining computerized accounting software.
• Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
• Responsible for monitoring all company expenditure and where appropriate recommendations to individuals and teams responsible for budgets.
• Responsible for maintaining the General Ledger; setting up new accounts and cost centers when required; ensuring reconciliation of control accounts; ensuring correct allocation of expenditure to cost centers.
• Responsible for prompt raising of sales invoices for customers.
• Responsible for managing of all company bank accounts; ensuring adequate funds are available to meet expenditure requirements; ensuring excess funds are earning a reasonable rate of return; liaising on a regular basis with the company's bankers.
• Responsible for generating a monthly payroll run (including the relevant PAYE, Stamp Duty) for all employees of the company.
• Preparation & Monitoring monthly VAT/SVAT/NBT/OTHER TAXES reconciliations.
• Responsible for reviewing the company's insurance arrangements.
• Responsible for accurate processing of all supplier invoices and for their regular payments.
• Work in special projects as required
# REQUIREMENTS :
THE RIGHT ACCOUNTANT WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum of 2 solid years experience of Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment.
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce. / Part qualification in ICASL/ACCA/CIMA.
• Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
• Computer Literate – Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word.
• Experience with ERP Systems or Accounting package.
• Ability to accurately prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
If you believe that you have the confidence to be success in this challenging role, please apply via email to indicating the position applied for on the subject line of e mail.
• Competitive remuneration package for the right candidate.
FUTURE WITH DEVON……!
“Devon is an Equal Opportunity Employer”
# HOW TO APPLY :
If you feel you are the right individual for the above job then send your CV within 14 days via ikman.lk
Watch out for: